MICHAEL BUCCIONIby LRADMIN
Michael Buccioni is a partner at Laishley Reed LLP. His practice covers a wide range of commercial and civil litigation matters primarily within a business law context.
His areas of focus include:
- employment-related issues for both employers and employees, with an emphasis on wrongful dismissal
- shareholder disputes
- general breach of contract issues, including unpaid commercial accounts, injunctive relief and Anton Piller orders
- defamation issues
- commercial tenancy issues
- franchise issues
- brokerage disputes
Before joining Laishley Reed LLP, Mr. Buccioni was a managing partner at a full-service law firm in Toronto. Prior to that, he ran the litigation department for a small boutique firm in downtown Toronto. He was called to the Ontario bar in 1992.
- Acts as counsel to a leading Ontario automobile dealership.
- Acts as general and litigation counsel to a leading engineering firm.
- Acts as general counsel to York Region Soccer Association.
- Acts as general counsel to Autostrada Forum Magazine.
- Acts as general counsel to Motorsport Agency.
- Acted as litigation counsel to an international real estate development company.
- Acted as litigation counsel for one of Ontario’s leading fast food and packaged food restaurants.
- Acted for a start-up trade union and successfully prevented an international union from obtaining injunctive relief.
- Served as litigation counsel for a multinational manufacturer of automotive and packaging materials.
- Provided services for a national title insurance company.
- Acted for commercial tenants in successfully obtaining injunctive relief against the Ontario Food Terminal.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian-Italian Business Professionals Association
- University of Western Ontario (LL.B., 1990
- York University (Double Major, 1987)