REID LESTERby LRADMIN
Reid Lester is a partner at Laishley Reed LLP. Mr. Lester practices in the areas of commercial fraud, bank and credit union liability, all types of insurance-related matters (coverage, defence and subrogation) and professional liability claims.
He has extensive experience in:
- fidelity insurance matters (both 3D and FIB) with respect to coverage issues, claims, recovery actions, and the drafting and design of bonds and policies
- commercial fraud matters relating to advice to both insurers and financial institutions in fraud-related claims, subrogation and recovery claims, including Mareva injunction motions and other related orders
- advising financial institutions on banking operations, account agreements, bills of exchange issues, breach of trust matters, and Canadian Payment Association clearing rules issues
- liability and property insurance matters with respect to coverage issues, defending liability actions and asserting subrogated claims
Mr. Lester is a frequent presenter to clients, and industry conferences and seminars in the areas of commercial fraud, banking litigation issues, fidelity insurance bonds and other insurance-related matters.
He articled and worked at a large national firm in the early 1990s before moving to an insurance boutique firm where he practised for over 10 years. Prior to joining Laishley Reed LLP in 2007, he spent a further three years as a partner at another large national firm. Mr. Lester was called to the Ontario bar in 1990.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Toronto Chapter
- American Bar Association (Tort and Insurance Practice Section (Surety and Fidelity))
- Queen’s University (LL.B., 1988)
- Queen’s University (M.A., 1982)
- University of British Columbia (B.A., 1981)